Friday, September 9, 2011

"Toward College Success" Celebrated!

Last night my family and friends gathered with me to celebrate the release of my book, Toward College Success: Is Your Teenager Ready, Willing, and Able? It was the perfect way to celebrate the accomplishment of launching this book into the hands of parents. Not only have my friends and family been supportive of this effort, most of were instrumental in its creation.

Many of my friends shared stories of their kids’ successes and failures or their philosophies on raising kids. My teacher friends shared stories from the classroom and my 20-something friends shared their recent college experiences. Without these stories, Toward College Success would just be a lecture. I believe when we read about what others have lived it gives us ideas and encouragement. And as anyone who has raised teenagers knows, ideas and encouragement are welcomed at any time during the process! Once again, I am deeply thankful to all who shared their stories.

Other friends have helped with the actual production—those who edited portions or various versions of the book and workbook, and those who are now helping me get the word out about the book. I have some great friends!

Now that the celebrating is over, it is time to let parents of teenagers know about this great resource. I have discussed the book on a few radio programs: Total Education Hour, Conversations Live, Education Today, and Positive Parenting. I am talking with school counselors and organizations that offer parenting workshops. I hope to share Toward College Success with parents during college information nights. And I plan to keep talking about it here and on the book’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TowardCollegeSuccess. I ask that you join in the conversation, ask questions, give advice, “Like” that Facebook page, and tell everyone with teenagers about this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment